Is a slow computer reducing your productivity? Let us find out and resolve what’s causing the delay
Is your network dropping in and out when you require it? We can find out why and get your home or business connected again
Computer Doesn't Start
No more guesswork, let us identify and resolve what’s stopping your computer from working as it should
Unsure of how to use a new program you installed? Let us simplify the learning process
How can I make my computer fast?
This question is a popular one from our customers. The first upgrade we recommend at Byte Solutions is to invest in a Solid-State Disk (SSD). Compared to the traditional hard disk drive, a solid-state disk can operate up to 550MB/s which is over 5x faster than a typical hard disk, this results in significantly faster start-up times and enhanced usability of your computer.
The benefits of Solid State Disks (SSDs)
- Average transfer speed ~ 450MB/s – 550MB/s
- Computer startup time ~ 5 – 15 seconds
- Completely silent no audible vibrations
- Typically come in much smaller capacities than hard disks
- Can be alot more expensive than HDDs
- Ideal for computer boot drives
The benefits of Hard Disk Drives (HDDs)
- Average transfer speed ~ 50MB/s – 150MB/s
- Computer startup time ~ 30 – 45 seconds
- Audible noise from vibrations
- Cheaper and come in much larger capacities
- Ideal for storing computer backups and data
At Byte Solutions, we can install and migrate your desktop computer or laptop to a super fast solid state disk, so you can spend less time waiting for your computer to load and increase your productivity
Slow doesn't always mean buying new
We believe technology should last and not have to be replaced constantly. Sometimes your slow computer or laptop might be a result of a lack of storage or a malware or virus infestation. Even the fastest and newest computers can come to a crawl when they aren’t optimised. Before calling for help, try some of these tips
- Run Microsoft Disk Cleanup
- Disable unused startup programs in Windows task manager
- Uninstall and delete unused programs or adware
- Run Microsoft disk defragmentor
- Uninstall any browser addons that aren’t required
Often cleaning up your computer using these tips can help prevent a build-up of unnecessary files such a log files, temporary internet files, and more that can eventually bring your system to a crawl.
Need some help?
Are you feeling intimidated by these steps or would just prefer an expert to guide you through them? We can find out exactly what’s behind your slow computer or what’s stopping it from working as it should. Our experts will even show you how you can take proactive measures to keep it running like new without us coming out everytime your computer slows down.
Talk to us today
Let us save you the frustration with dealing with ransomware viruses